Data erasing or data destruction refers to a software-based method of overwriting pre-existing data. Overwriting the data on the storage device renders it unrecoverable and leads to sanitization. On-site data destruction is a tool that is ever more needed where all work professionals and homes have become digital.
The data can be wiped out digitally or destroyed at your premises. Data security is a priority for trading in, selling or recycling the hardware. Various options are available depending on your compliance with standard data destruction.
Onsite Shredding/ Erasure Service:
Shredding the hard drive and tapes is the best option for when you need to completely delete the hard drives, motherboards, magnetic takes, cell phones, and more. The engineer comes to the location and digitally sanitizes your storage. The service needs to be on par with industry standards. The hardware will be intact and the data deleted for remarketing. On-site data destruction or shredding is the best defense against data breaches. It’s also budget-friendly.
On-site Hard Drive Degaussing :
Degaussing is a cost-effective method of data destruction. This process is quick, clean, and silent, and matches the NSA and CESG standards for sanitation. The magnetic degaussing erase the hard drives and tape drives with sturdy erasing fields. The encompassing magnetic field makes sure that the data can no longer be recoverable by computer attacks.
Data recovering and erasing services providers offer HDD (Hard Drive Destruction) services for all data storage media. HDD covers solid destruction for all devices and is thorough. A reputable company will have a report which goes through rigorous audit trials. The service is available on demand. The professionals come to your premises to destroy hard drives with NSA-approved crushers. They will also provide you with a report of all recorded hard drives destroyed.
Network Devises Erasure:
Physically shred and deconstruct devices that cannot be reset and no longer hold any fresh configurations. The network devices, for example- switches and routers, have these configurations that need removal.
- Switches- They need to clear all configuration files and erase the file system. The technicians erase configurations to restore them to factory default.
- Routers – They need to reset the password and return the device to factory default.
Advantages Of On-site Data Destruction Are:
- The process can have one or more witnesses. It means that there is no doubt in regards to service.
- This method of destruction means that the data will never leave your possession.
- The opportunity for loss of the assets en route is negligible. Either by mistake or the recycler or the transporter. Unlike offsite destruction of the data, this makes sure that the truck which carries your data will not get into any accidents or thefts.
- There will not be any breach in security that would have otherwise been a concern. Your data will not be a victim of interception by someone else.
- Data can be misappropriated, especially in developing countries where they sell your data to a third party. On-site Destruction of Data minimizes if not demolishes this risk.
The right company will handle your data with security and care. They will do their best to allow you to maximize value in any way required. Your hard drives will be shredded, resold, or recycled. An ethical company will ensure no data will ever be leaked or duplicated. On-site destruction brings peace of mind as it is the best option for all case-sensitive data.