The industrial hose fittings and couplings are the components that are used to assembly hoses for carrying water, fluids, chemical, and air or gases through a pipe. Camlock couplings and groove fitting can disconnect or disconnect pipes without using tools. Industrial hoses fittings connect your hoses, pipes, or tubing for your air system, water system, and other application. These fittings and couplings offer various fittings which secure and safe connections for the piping system.
Materials used to make hose fittings
They come from different materials such as steel, brass, stainless steel, or plastic.
These types of Industrial fittings come from a mix of different kinds of metals and iron. They have high heat resistance and are durable. An example of this fitting is carbon steel fittings.
These are the fittings that can withstand the pressure of up to 3000 psi and also lower pressure. They operate at a temperature of between -53.89°C to 204.444°C. They offer leak-free services and are under JIS, DOT, DIN, ISO, and SAE standards.
Stainless steel fittings
They operate at a temperature of between -253.9°C to 648.9°C. They are the ideal choice in corrosive environments. They can work at a pressure of about 10,000 psi and others to 20,000 psi.
These are the kind of fittings that are less durable and weak, but they are highly resistant to corrosion. They are cheaper and are most useful in hydraulic applications.
Due to high pressures in the piping system, metal fittings are highly recommended because they can accommodate the higher pressure in this system.
What to consider when selecting industrial hoses fittings and couplings?
- The pressure settings of the hose fittings.
- The operating temperature of the hose fittings
- The compatibility with the fluid.
- Security of the hose fittings and couplings connection
- The ability to withstand the vibration effects of the fluid.
First, you have to decide the type of fitting you have to use in your piping system. The method most used during hose assembling is crimping. You may always consider the following aspect before assembling; pressure, material, application, size, and application. After the above features are defined, then you or the technician can carry out the work as follows:-
- First, you have to mark the depth to be inserted.
- Second, you have to apply the lubricant to the fitting stems.
- Third, you have to insert it to the end of the hose and then insert it to a crimper die.
- Finally, you have to secure your fifing permanently into the hose by applying pressure using the power unit of the crimper. If you are not able to do the task, you should consult a technician to help you.
Where are industrial hoses fittings and couplings applicable:-
- Fitting in cars to deliver fuel to deliver gasoline to a station.
- Hose fittings for water, chemicals, and gas application.
- Camlock couplings and hose fitting to join garden hoses to water.
- Hose fittings and Camlock couplings for air hoses and brake lines in tracks.
Industrial hoses are vital in industrial processes. They come in different shapes and sizes. Therefore, look for the fitting that fits the hoses properly.