Tandem trailers are known for having two sets of wheels and a dual axle. Those extra sets of wheels have the purpose of handling firmness and heavier loads. If you are someone who doesn’t have much knowledge about tandem trailers then it’s a must-read article for you. When you are heading out in the market, to choose a good quality trailer, you will come across two types of trailers i.e single and tandem (dual axle) trailer. Let’s see how much difference do the axles bring on the performance of the trailers.
Single Axle Trailers:
As the name suggests the single axle trailer sports one axle and wheel on each corner. It’s attached to the trailer directly or indirectly through springs, fitting support hardware, or clamps.
1) They are comparatively cheaper, so they are economical to tow.
2) If you have less space, no issues, as the trailer can easily be parked in less space also.
3) When compared with a dual axle trailer of a similar size, the single tandem trailers are quite easy to steer.
4) At the end of the day, you can save a lot as it’s not a lot expensive.
Tandem (Dual Axle) Trailer:
The tandem (dual axle) trailer has two axles which are situated close to each other and help in supporting the cargo’s weight load.
1) It was kind of a superior suspension
2) When loaded in the right manner, the tandem (dual) axle trailer will have very less chances of swaying or bouncing much.
3) They are said to be safer in comparison to single axle trailers. If these need to carry load between 750kg-2000 kg then they must be supported with brakes as that’s stated by the law.
4) As an individual or company, you can trust more on these as they are considered to be more stable and reliable.
5) If you encounter by a flat tyre then need not worry as the tyre can easily get replaced without the help of a jack.
The companies out there have started realizing the importance of high quality and sturdy tandems trailers and accordingly, the market can see a rise in the production of tandem trailers. Whenever you plan to buy any kind of trailer, make sure that you deal with a company that provides good quality products at reasonable prices. At the end of the day, you should feel that it was a value for money offer/offers. Also, not to forget that the company should even provide after-sales support, in case some issue arises.
If you are confused about what type of trailer you should go for, then I would say it all depends on your needs and requirements. It’s not a very hard decision, just a little bit of research and thinking would help you arrive at the correct decision. at the end, we can leave you with a simple tip for both sides and from there you can carry on yourself. If you want to haul occasionally, then a single axle trailer should be the best choice whereas if safety is your concern or you want to haul over long-distance then tandem trailers should be perfect for you.